What is bonding?
- Bonding is the act of making a physical and mental connection with your gliders. They trust you and you trust them.
Why is it important?
- A comfortable pet is a happy pet. A happy pet is a nice pet!
- You will be able have them on you without the fear of them wanting to run away,
- The risk of biting drastically decreases!
- Use a bonding pouch whenever possible!
- It's a polar fleece pouch with a mesh window. That way they can see and smell you better!
- TENT TIME!
- Literally use a tent (screen tents work best) or barricade yourself in a glider safe room where they can't get out.
- Let them run around and play! This tells them that they can trust you. You are part of their fun!
- Make sure there is no cords, chemicals or little places they can hide.
- Provide food for them while they play. They can then start to trust you with their food.
- put something like natural/organic baby food (in a sweet flavor) or honey on your finger and let them lick it off. It makes them less scared of your hand.
How long does it take?
- It's different for EVERY glider, but usually 6-12 months for joeys
- Older gliders (1 year +) can be a little harder to bond with, but it is 100% possible! Just be patient and calm with them.